Few things in life continue to look as good as the very first day you bought them.Inevitably the shine wears off, there’s evidence of wear and tear, and that pristine, perfect, box-fresh finish is a fond distant memory.
A composite door is the exception!
With the good looks and unique feel of quality timber, a composite door requires no maintenance to stay looking as beautiful as the day it was expertly fitted.Unlike wood, composite won’t rot, warp, crack, or split so you’ll never have to strip it, sand it or paint it.Superior quality composite doors are built to stand the test of time due to the unique glass reinforced plastic (GRP) skin that is mounted on to a rigid structural frame.
Once it been installed by experienced and highly trained craftsmen, all you need to do to keep your composite door in pristine condition, is clean it. It’s as simple as that. And here’s how you do it in five quick and easy steps.
- Take a bucket of warm, soapy water and a nice soft cloth. These are all that’s required to wash away the dust and grime that may have built up. Never be tempted to use a rough-sided sponge or abrasive pad as these will damage the lovely finish to your door.
- After cleaning the door, use the water to wash the frame. Open the door to make sure you can reach all the edges and clean away any trapped or concealed dirt that could affect the closing mechanism if allowed to build up over time.
- Change the water and rinse the cloth, before washing any glass panels. Dry the glass with a clean, dry cloth. A microfibre cloth works well as it won’t leave any lint or streaks behind. You may find finishing them off with a squirt of glass cleaner will bring a little added sparkle.
- With a final bucket of fresh water, wipe down the hardware – letterplate, handles, door knob or knocker – again using a soft cloth.
- Finally, go over the door with a dry cloth, removing any surplus water. Then – and this is the important bit – stand back, preferably with a cup of tea in hand, and admire your beautiful door.
That’s it! No fancy, expensive cleaning products required. Very little cost and very little elbow grease are all that’s needed to keep your composite door looking as good as new.
This easy maintenance is just one of the benefits of a modern composite door. If you’d like to find out more about the many design styles available why not get in touch with your local Independent Network installer.
Independent Network is a nationwide organisation representing only the very best composite and uPVC window and door companies in the industry.
Why Choose a Rockdoor Composite Door?
We believe that not all doors are made equal; Rockdoor Composite doors are unique in terms of security, energy ratings and style.
Since we started making composite doors , we have come a long way and produced almost a million exterior doors from our Lancashire innovation and production centre, but just because we are the best at what we do doesn’t mean we will ever stop innovating.
Each of our doors are tailor made to your exact specification meaning there is no need for cutting or altering to fit, which is often the reason for external doors weakening. A typical composite door can be made up of a mixture of materials such as GRP, Timber and PU Foam to reduce the amount of warm air escaping and cold air entering a property. Our composite doors are slightly different in that we don’t use timber through any of our ranges because of the reasons listed above (twisting and warping). Instead we use materials such as Carbon Fibre to reinforce the core of the door resulting in a strong, thermally efficient door you can put your trust in.