In the past, double glazing companies have gathered an unfair reputation for being untrustworthy. This is due to a few unscrupulous companies who give honest traders a bad name. The majority of double glazing companies are reliable and want to help you improve your home. It’s important when you make any major purchases or improvements to your home that you choose a trustworthy company. Let’s take a look at the ways you can spot a credible company for your home improvements.
SIGNS THAT A COMPANY CAN BE TRUSTED
- They don’t use pushy salespeople or tactics. You should always be given adequate time to think over a quote and not pushed into deciding then and there
- They can give you customer testimonials that you can follow up to get honest feedback about a company. Online reviews are also a great source of information
- A reliable home improvement company will have accreditations from glazing associations including FENSA and consumer watchdogs
- They offer guarantees with their products and services
- They have a showroom where you can take a look at windows, doors and conservatories up close before you commit to buying
WHAT TO DO BEFORE AGREEING TO WORK
Ensure you have a wide range of quotes so you know what the average cost should be. Talk to family and friends that have used the company to hear their experiences. Ensure you visit the showroom so you can ‘try before you buy’. Walk around a conservatory and see how it would fit into your home. This also gives you the chance to talk to designers and find out everything you want to know. From the thermal performance of a window to the colour options of a composite door, ensure you’re fully informed before buying.
A WINDOW COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Chase Windows, we offer honest customer service and quality products that you can rely on. We never pressurize you into buying anything and will give you unbiased advice We are a member of the Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) . This gives many benefits to homeowners including deposit protection, an insurance backed guarantee and free access to an independent ombudsman if any problems arise. This scheme also ensures that members are accredited and vetted to ensure you’re getting the best for your home. From timber windows to aluminium bi-fold doors, we have everything your London and Hertfordshire home needs. Or get in touch to find out more.